From next Friday, Kent County Council’s Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) will open to the public for essential use.
On Wednesday, May 13, people will be able to book a slot to use one of the county’s 18 HWRCs which closed on March 23 as a result of the Covid-19 lockdown.
People can book a slot either online or by phone for the opening on Friday, May 15 – details on how to book will be released next week.
- Visitors to the site will be limited to help us manage social distancing. The number of bookings for each site will vary depending on the size of each site.
- You can only access the sites by booking an appointment. The quickest way to book is online.
- You can only book one trip in any four-week period. This is to enable all residents to. have fair access to our sites.
- If you want to drive a restricted vehicle to a Kent council site you’ll still need to apply for a vehicle voucher here: Vouchers web site Restricted vehicles are not allowed to tow a trailer.
- Bookings will only be accepted from residents in Kent/Medway.
- You should not try to book a visit if you have symptoms of Covid-19, if you are part of a household undertaking 14-day isolation or if you someone who is in the shielded category.
For full details visit the KCC web site